The Policy Branch coordinates and oversees the procedures and processing of all documents, including proposed and final regulations, for publication in the Federal Register, ensuring that such documents are in the required format and are concisely and clearly written. The Policy Branch serves as a focal point within the Sustainable Fisheries Division with respect to regulatory policy, consistency, and the implementation of Federal regulations.
This information (regulations) is provided by the Southeast Regional Office, National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) for the use and convenience of interested persons. The information available through this site may change over time. Official sources of information, such as the Federal Register, control in the event of any discrepancy appearing on NMFS home pages.
Contact the Policy Branch:
Anik Clemens (Team Lead)
To reach Sustainable Fisheries staff, please call:
This is an unofficial compilation of Federal regulations prepared in the Southeast Regional Office of the National Marine Fisheries Service. (Last Updated January 7, 2015)
Tips for Navigating Federal Regulations:
For links to southeast fisheries proposed and final rules and amendments, please click here.
Policy Branch Radio Announcements
- South Atlantic Vermillion Snapper Commercial Trip Limit Reduction - Mar 2, 2015 - June 30, 2015
- King Mackerel - Florida East Coast Subzone - Trip Limit Increase - March 1, 2015
- St. Croix, USVI Seasonal Area Closure for Mutton Snapper from Mar 1, 2015 - June 30, 2015
- Caribbean Seasonal Closures - Feb 1, 2015 - Apr 30, 2015
- Mid Atlantic Right Whale Seasonal Broadcast - NC & SC - Nov 1, 2014 - Apr 30, 2015
- SE Right Whale Seasonal Broadcast - GA & FL - Nov 15, 2014 - Apr 15, 2015