The Policy Branch coordinates and oversees the procedures and processing of all documents, including proposed and final regulations, for publication in the Federal Register, ensuring that such documents are in the required format and are concisely and clearly written. The Policy Branch serves as a focal point within the Sustainable Fisheries Division with respect to regulatory policy, consistency, and the implementation of Federal regulations.
This information (regulations) is provided by the Southeast Regional Office, National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) for the use and convenience of interested persons. The information available through this site may change over time. Official sources of information, such as the Federal Register, control in the event of any discrepancy appearing on NMFS home pages.
Contact the Policy Branch:
Anik Clemens (Team Lead)
To reach Sustainable Fisheries staff, please call:
This is an unofficial compilation of Federal regulations prepared in the Southeast Regional Office of the National Marine Fisheries Service. (Last Updated August 7, 2014)
Tips for Navigating Federal Regulations:
Policy Branch Radio Announcements
- US Caribbean Red Hind Seasonal Closure Dec 1, 2014 - Feb 28, 2015 and Area Restrictions Oct 1, 2014 -Mar 31, 2015
- South Atlantic Gray Triggerfish - Recreational Closure - November 26, 2014
- Mid Atlantic Right Whale Seasonal Broadcast - NC & SC - Nov 1, 2014 - Apr 30, 2015
- SE Right Whale Seasonal Broadcast - GA & FL - Nov 15, 2014 - Apr 15, 2015
- South Atlantic Gag - Commercial Closure - November 21, 2014