Limited Access Privilege Programs/Data Management Branch
The SERO Limited Access Privilege Programs/Data Management Branch has three primary responsibilities. The Branch conducts data analyses in direct support of federal fishery management decisions, monitors recreational and commercial quotas and annual catch limits for federally managed species, and develops, administers, and implements commercial catch share programs. The Branch works collaboratively with NMFS’ Southeast Fisheries Science Center, other SERO Branches, and the Gulf of Mexico, South Atlantic, and Caribbean fishery management councils to evaluate and analyze the effects of proposed regulations. The Branch also manages the South Atlantic individual transferable quota program (ITQ) for wreckfish and the Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper and Grouper-Tilefish individual fishing quota (IFQ) programs, and the Headboat Collaborative (HBC) Exempted Fishing Permit Pilot Program. Annually, the Branch develops reports to evaluate the performance of catch share programs, prepares recreational quota closure projections, and tracks landings relative to quotas and annual catch limits.
Jessica Stephen (email@example.com)
- Administrative Changes to the Reef FIsh IFQ Program
- For information regarding the SERO Catch Shares programs, visit the Catch Shares Homepage.
- Catch Share Customer Service
- Phone: 1-866-425-7627 (select option 2)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information about Annual Catch Limits (ACLs), visit the ACL Pages.
- SEDAR50-DW11: Distribution of blueline tilefish (Caulolatilus microps) in the U.S. EEZ from fishery-dependent and fishery-independent data collections
- Evaluation of Alternatives to Winter Closure of Black Sea Bass Pot Gear: Projected Impacts on Catch and Risk of Entanglement with North Atlantic Right Whales Eubalaena glacialis
- Stock Complexes for Fisheries Management in the Gulf of Mexico
- Forecasting for Recreational Fisheries Management: What's the Catch?
- Fishery gear interactions from stranded bottlenose dolphins, Florida manatees and sea turtles in Florida, U.S.A
- Spatial Distribution and Conservation of Speckled Hind and Warsaw Grouper in the Atlantic Ocean off the Southeastern U.S.
- 2016 Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper Recreational Season Length Estimates
- 2016 South Atlantic Red Snapper Annual Catch Limits and Recreational Season Length Projection
- Estimates of Sea Turtle Discards in the South Atlantic Commercial Snapper-Grouper Fishery
- South Atlantic Nassau Grouper Landings and Discards
- Analysis of Red Snapper Federal For-Hire Split Season Alternatives
- 2014 Gulf of Mexico Red Snapper IFQ Annual Report
- 2014 Gulf of Mexico Grouper-Tilefish IFQ Annual Report
- Headboat Collaborative 2014 Annual Report
To view archived reports, please click here.